AT for K-12 Education
C4AT has been working with Bay Area schools since 1983. We've worked with more than 38 Bay Area school districts and over 200 individual schools to ensure that children with disabilities can go to school. We provide direct services for students, professional development for staff, and consultation with districts, schools, specialists, and IEP teams on Assistive Technology (AT) and Augmentative & Alternative Communication (AAC).
We need a Purchase Order or a contract and an ISA (Individual Service Agreement) from a district to work with students or staff. Reach out for more information:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 510-841-3224
We provide services for students and staff with a wide range of disabilities and medical conditions. We specialize in helping people whose complex access needs do not fall neatly into a single disability category – for example, a person who has combined physical, communication, and learning challenges.
- AT and AAC assessments and evaluations
- Training & technical assistance for students
- Training & technical assistance for teachers, aides, and specialists
- Advice & recommendations on purchasing AT and AAC hardware and software
- Selecting, adapting, & customizing AT and AAC tools
- Coordinating other therapies, interventions or services with AT and AAC
- Curriculum adaptations & modifications to increase individual or universal access to education
- Identify tools that increase universal access to education.
- Build skills modeling and integrating AT and AAC tools.
- Consult for individual classes.
- Support access needs for educators with disabilities.
Assistance from Afar
For schools that are outside the Bay Area, C4AT provides long-distance consultation to assist IEP teams in determining appropriate AT and AAC options. For more information, email us at email@example.com.