The Center for Accessible Technology (C4AT) will provide a website audit as described below. Audits can be customized to meet the specific needs of your digital sites.
The website or app will be tested against the WCAG 2.1 A & AA level standards. Website testing will focus on the desktop site. Mobile web is added as requested. Tests will include:
- Automated scanning and testing of pages
- Manual testing may include (depending on assessed needs):
- Targeted code inspection of functionality or components which exhibit problematic behavior
- Keyboard-only navigation test
- Screen magnification testing
- Screen reader test:
- Windows PC/JAWS screen reader/Chrome Browser
- May also include Mac OS/VoiceOver screen reader/Safari browser and Windows PC/NVDA screen reader/Firefox browser
Facilitate testing of certain pages/components with a usability tester from C4AT’s user test bank. The client is invited to attend these sessions. We test with a variety of users with disabilities who use assistive technology ranging from screen readers, speech recognition, switch devices to screen magnification software.
Results of testing are documented and shared in an AirTable database, a Microsoft Excel document, or Microsoft Word document as discussed with the client.
Each identified issue will include: Issue Title, Issue Description, Location, Environment (Device, OS, Browser, Assistive Tech), Severity.
If applicable, an identified issue may contain one or more of the following:
- Screenshot of issue
- video demonstrating the issue
- relevant WCAG standards.
C4AT will reserve time to provide feedback on the audit report and discuss questions with the client.